Watermark Designs never rests on its laurels, and the brand’s newest kitchen collection is another example of Watermark’s engineering prowess and willingness to re-invent and re-think faucet design. TOD is a kitchen faucet that incorporates linear valve technology into the handles to provide what is really the perfect solution for those home chefs and cooks working in kitchens.
“For a long time we have been thinking about how we could re-imagine the kitchen faucet,” said Avi Abel, president of Watermark Designs. “Traditionally, kitchen faucets are practical as far design, but not really decorative and we wanted to change that. So we designed the collection to have a slight industrial look and feel, and we completely re-imagined how the handles should function. Being able to turn the water off and on with the flick of your closed hand, rather than grasping handles makes it that much more of a professional-grade faucet, as well as being ADA compliant. That’s why linear valve technology is key.”
Along with the linear valve technology, TOD is designed with a number of extremely precise details:
- Diamond Knurling on the base of each piece – and they line up exactly
- Low profile/escutcheon but ‘beefy’ 1 1/4 diameter — making it a focal point
- Diamond Knurling is incorporated into the accessories (paper towel holder, etc)
- Available with two spout options – the ‘classic’ spout which is available in all 40 finishes and a pull-out spout available in 13 finishes
- Two types of handles – single lever (joystick) and widespread